OneEgg is excited to announce the launch of OneEgg Nepal in partnership with Shreenagar Agro Farm in Nepal.
Shreenagar is an integrated agri company providing a “One Stop Solution” to farmers with quality seed, feed, services and market linkages building smart, skilled and successful farmers.
Shreenagar promotes balanced nutrition for children and women desiring “Protein for All”, which contributes towards achieving the sustainable development goal of Zero Hunger.
OneEgg’s mission is to provide needed protein to young children in the form of eggs. So the OneEgg and Shreenagar Agro Farm is a perfect partnership.
Animal protein is essential for cognitive and physical development – especially in the early years. Children who receive adequate amounts of protein before age 5 have higher IQs and stronger mental development.
Beneficiaries include approximately 12 government schools (approximately 30 to 50 children under the age of 5 per school), a total of approximately 600 children. The project provides one egg-a-day for three-days-a-week to the children from Rupandehi, Palpa and Kathmandu district. Kathmandu lies in the central part of Nepal, Rupandehi represents the low land of western Nepal and Palpa represents the hilly district of western Nepal providing geographic diversity.
Shreenagar Agro Farm
In addition to providing nutritional food (healthy fresh farm eggs) free of cost to marginalized families, poor children and the elderly, Shreenagar supports its community in many ways:
- Employment opportunities to marginalized people, women and the disabled.
- Renovation and maintenance of one of oldest historical sites at Palpa for public gatherings.
- Development of a drinking water supply facility at Shree Prajatantra Primary School, Telga, Palpa.
- Providing continuous support to enhance and improve the management at the school.
- Providing land to establish the Shree Sarasawati Secondary High School, Butwal, Rupandehi.
- Distribution of poultry manure, at no cost, to locals for better agriculture productivity,
- Providing land for the establishment of multi-functional buildings at 8-Paschim Mainahiya, Sau. Pharshatikar Rupandehi.